Program Manager – Food
- Company: DQS Inc.
- Location: , Illinois
- Part Time/Full Time: Full Time
Position is Home Based
Any US location
Manage and lead all phases of the food programs. Assure food program requirements are fully developed and understood throughout the organization. Qualified and credentialed Lead Food lead auditor in one or more of the GFSI recognized food scheme standards. Assure competency of the audit, assessment process and assessment teams. Lead and or be an audit team leader of audit teams in assessing the conformance to these food standards. Assures the compliance of certifications with all DQS procedures and accreditation requirements. Provides direction for auditors and customer service on technical, certification review and customer issues. Provide technical oversight in the development and delivery of services. Develop technical papers to clients and auditors for food related programs and requirements. Prepare and present audit reports.
- Ability to interface with staff regarding critical issues on a global basis, at all levels within the organization while assuring compliance to requirements and business conditions.
- Ability to make timely decisions affecting the global program (able to evaluate risk and take appropriate action).
- Ability to consider all points of view to formulate an objective decision.
- Must be able to balance business and technical issues to assure product success.
- Must be able to work effectively with accreditation bodies and industry associations in a leadership position.
- Ability to handle questions/issues from other locations related to quotes, interpretations, bulletins, newsletters, audit reporting, training plans.
- Attend or participate in witness audits, program corrective actions, customer complaints and customer service.
- Provide Corrective/Preventative Action System Support for the closure of all accreditation findings to assure accreditation or recognition is maintained.
- Assure the adequacy of technical review effectiveness and assist in the appointment process for auditors and reviewers on a global level. This includes developing, providing training and/or materials for assured competency with the product area.
- Develop procedures and forms to support the delivery of the business in an effective and efficient way while meeting accreditation and industry requirements.
- Additional responsibilities include; Hosting Accreditation audits; attend industry workgroup meetings or accreditation sponsored events or assures attendance by a competent person for cost effectiveness; attend meetings or provide training at other locations when requested.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Thoroughly familiar with the principles and detail of the appropriate standards. (Know and apply the standard interpretation of the various clauses. Apply non-standard interpretations appropriately. Know and apply intent as well as the letter of the standard. Put particular issues into the perspective of the entire situation when making authorization decisions. Use observations of others to judge compliance of systems to specified requirements.)
- High level knowledge and is a credentialed lead auditor in one or more of the applicable standards; BRC, FSSC 22000, SQF, IFS, Global GAP, PrimosGFS, etc. and Guidance Documents, etc.)
- Awareness of cultural and business diversity within Regional areas where service is provided.
- Decision making ability (able to ask the right questions to make an informed/accurate decision).
- Ability to determine when situations should be escalated to the directors or managing directors.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution.
- Extensive overnight travel.
DQS Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
How to Apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=uldqs