Nadcap Staff Engineer
- Company: The Performance Review Institute
- Location: Warrendale, PA
- Part Time/Full Time:
Manage assigned industry managed programs for task groups; develop checklists and state of the art consensus qualification procedures; recruit qualified auditors, schedule pilot audits of suppliers using available and contracted resources; publish audit/survey reports working through committee structure and due process to serve industry, government and society. Support implementation of company strategy and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage technical audit report generation/assessment with strict confidentiality and compliance with procedural and regulatory requirements; conduct technical audits as required; review/update audit reports; follow up and close non-conformances; ensure effective closure of audit reports for timely issuance of certificates solving conformance issues; provide technical summary reports to the assigned task group; provide required alerts in eAuditNet.
- Manage assigned personnel including consultants (technical auditors and reviewers).
- Motivate and guide Industry Managed Committee and/or Task Groups activities in developing standards, manuals, and reviewing audit reports including planning; recruiting qualified technical volunteers; monitoring/managing results.
- Develop and Manage budgets of assigned activities.
- Recommend process improvements for assigned programs and PRI. Identify gaps/problems and report to appropriate management.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required, may also accept a degree in Metallurgy, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering or related field.
- 5 years technical experience in areas such as: castings, forgings, elastomer seals, aircraft sealants, hoses, tubing, and/or fittings, or related field.
- Professional Engineer / Member of professional body, preferred.
- 5 years experience in Quality Systems, preferred.
- 5 years experience working with technical industry standards, preferred.
- Auditing experience / knowledge of Quality Management Systems, preferred.
- 5 years experience in the Aerospace Industry, preferred for others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate a Computer, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Technical knowledge of appropriate materials science/engineering disciplines/methods.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident as required by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
- Ability to travel 30% of the time.
- Ability to work for long periods at a computer/desk.
- Standard office environment.
EOE/AA employer M/F/Vet/Disability. We offer competitive pay and benefits.
How to Apply: https://careers-pri.icims.com/jobs/1041/nadcap-staff-engineer/job